CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm FUN-employed...and my husband is a salesman.


Guess I'll send my venting out into cyber space because I am SOOOO BORED. It's bad this time guys. If you have a spouse looking into being a door-to-door salesman, talk to me first. I'll tell you that the money is great, we love not having to work during the school year...but the summers? Ohhh the summers, they are basically trashed. The sad thing is, Marshall and I live two completely separate lives. He is so busy from Mon-Sat (9a.m.-11p.m.) and I am so cooped up and bored Mon-Sat that any down time we have he wants to sleep and enjoy the A/C I want to get out of the house!

Not too sure how people handled life without cars. Not too sure if my laptop is going to survive all the movies I force it to play for me. Not too sure if I can survive without a microwave for much longer...but I am sure of one thing, my husband has it worse. Let me tell you my latest insecurity. I TRIED doing the door to door thing with Marshall, and guess what? It's about the crappiest thing I have ever done. And I suck at it. And I chose this boring misery over it in a heartbeat. Therefore, I cannot complain much.

It's one thing to be out in the heat, have aching tired feet as you experience the humidity and massive mosquitoes of North Carolina, and it's another to have the door slammed in your face, to have people threaten you, roll their eyes and you, and snap at you door after door after door after DOOR. Ahh!! Ok, ok, so understandably the average salesman is a pest. I used to hang up my phone in mid-sentence and shut the door when I realize who they are too...but guess what? Their job SUCKS! They're chasing after the American dream in the worst kind of way. Give em' a break.

Just remember the next time you ruin a salesman's day, they are going home to a wife that has waited all day for them to come home successful. I'm not saying you gotta spend a DIME on a salesman, but for Pete's sake, be nice! You only have to talk to them nicely for a few minutes, they have to talk to crabby people ALL DAY. Who is it affecting more? Just saying. Being kind never ruined anyone's day.

I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Cait, I have to say I know your misery! The first year we did pest control I was bored to tears girl! However, I did have a car then, so you take the cake on that one.
    And I hear ya on the be nice to salesmen part too! The worst feeling in the world is when you get a call from the hubby and he's demotivated because of how mean people are to him. It's so frustrating!
    Call me!!!! We should chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh sista i know you get me! I'm so dang proud of you for stepping it up this summer and keeping busy and making sales on the doors. You are AAAAMAZING!! I agree girl, we need to catch up! I bet its so amazing having your bro home :)

    ReplyDelete