CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Humbled...


So remember in my last post how I complained about driving for three days...well after 20 hours of driving (nearly 11:00 p.m.) we found ourselves driving through the place where we would celebrate our (belated) anniversary, the beautiful little Nauvoo, IL. I looked exhaustedly at the cute old buildings, and as we rounded the corner there it was. The temple was glowing and I was shocked at the beauty and the size which no picture could do justice. I felt completely and absolutely humbled.
A distance that took me 20 hours in pleasant air conditioning, with stops for food and restrooms at my convenience was suddenly NOTHING to complain about. There the temple stood, as if it was always there, as if it had never been destroyed. I imagined the feat it must have been without the current resources to construct such a magnificent structure, and I imagined what it must have felt like to leave it all behind. To walk the distance I just drove...even though it was late, I didn't want to leave. It was incredible to see all of the homesteads, and shops, but the best part was the spirit there.
I know the Prophet Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. I know he sacrificed everything he had, even his life, to bring forth the true word of a loving Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed to be a Latter Day Saint, and I feel honored to be a part of the everlasting gospel men and women sacrificed, lived, and died for....
Humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment