CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bout Time

Scary how the time zooms by...seems like in a flash we are back into the swing of school, only I don't feel like I'm swinging...more like dangling there holding on for dear life. Whatever.. every now and then it is good healthy to dangle. I think I needed it. All the sudden I am appreciating things a whole lot more. Simple things like, getting into bed before midnight, having dinner
at the table.
from the oven.
not the microwave.
Believe it or not, frozen burritos get old. Super old. This busy schedule has even ruined granola bars and fruit snacks...never thought I'd say that. Basically a thousand tests in a row, a big fat program application, and a gajillion math/stats/physics/psych/geo assignments later...for the first time in weeks I took a breath. I found out that breathing is prrretty important.
I think the big guy on top is trying to tell me something. The past two conferences have had some sort of emphasis about balance in one way or another. Balance isn't as easy as it seems, because sometimes there are a ton of priorities that are unique and important, they all need finished, and it's kinda hard to put them in order of importance.
BLEH...not gonna have some story about a shock of inspiration on how to balance perfectly.
BUT I think I am in the thick of figuring out a life long lesson. This weekend I just chucked school out the window. It was a little bit scary and a lotta bit blissful. I spent time just being a wife. I baked :) cleaned :( and cuddled :) not sure if it was scholastically wise, but when I have my eternal glasses on, it looks like the best decision I have made in a looong time.

1 comment:

  1. You came back to the blogging world! Yipee! And great job on taking that breath and just spending time with your hubby. So important! Just remember that 1000 years in our time is only 1 day in God's time, so that would mean that the next two years in school are only like 2 minutes in the eternal scheme of things. You can make it and it will be totally worth it when you do! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete