CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 22, 2010

Adventurous Adventures!

Anyone who knows my family knows we are avid hunters. I was pretty disappointed after looking at the calendar to find we had double booked our weekend leaving two options: Marshall's best friend's wedding, or an excursion I had been looking forward to for years. Not many wives can say they left their husband at home so they could go to a wedding while she hit the hills to hunt. Guess that's what Marsh gets for marrying a Chandler!
I love the mountains, there is a peace there almost like nowhere on Earth and I LOVE being there with my family. We had the best time, but it was my first time spending nights away from my sweet hubby and I got a little anxious, not to mention I am sadly out of shape, and YES my dear old dad can still out-hike me. I'm over it. Aside from getting NO sleep Thursday night from being too darned cold, I enjoyed every moment with my family. I love enjoying Heavenly Father's creations with the people I love :) 
We came home empty-handed, but for us that's not what it's all about, and I just have to say how grateful I was for the opportunity to spend time with my pops and sibs!
I made a vow to never go without my best friend again though...promise promise promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment