CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Every season, after Thanksgiving our family endeavors a mountain adventure to find a Christmas tree. This trip  usually ends with a grand finale of the dads getting impatient and trudging off to find a tree suitable to their standards, while the rest of us are left at the trucks to entertain ourselves til' they return. Here's how we do it :)
Camden, and mostly Marshall dug a snow cave...

COLD! Even though he wouldn't wear a coat, I at least got him to wear my gloves...

This snow cave became a tunnel...come in through the top OR bottom of the hill. Their creativity gives a good idea of how long the papa's were taking to find our trees!


Before I forced him to at least wear my gloves. 
We TRIED to sled...notice Marshall's sled left at the top of the hill :)

The hill got boring, so they used their man power to pull each other on the sled instead! I love my cute cousins.
On the day of Thanksgiving, dad taught Marshall the ways of the hunting master. Mom wasn't too happy about their idea of spending the holiday, but dad's success on shooting a deer caused Marshall to say that was definitely one of the more exciting thanksgivings he'd had...and it helped him work off all that grub!
"I think my deer is right down in there"

This pic is from a different hunting trip. I think he loves me ;)

This picture is for the Folkman family. I just think they will be excited about the logo on my hat. It was the only orange cap my dad had to offer...and I didn't want to get shot for Pete's sake!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you mentioned why you wore the hat, cuz I was a little shocked to see Boise State on your hat. Haha. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I don't think Marshall liked the sight much either lol. Safety first!! :) I love and miss ya by the way!

    ReplyDelete