CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Fever



All the best things happen in the spring time. Mothers day, Easter, MY BIRTHDAY, our anniversary, and the ever so awaited END OF WINTER. Don't get me wrong, snow is wonderful for sledding and beautiful around Christmas time, but that's about it. Marshall and I are getting a little bit cooped up in this little apartment of ours, and it's feeling a little less cozy and a little bit more like a jail cell. Especially with the white cinder block wall...

We got a blissful opportunity to play tennis...OUTSIDE yesterday!!! And boy was I grateful we took up the opportunity since it snowed today. I love my husband soooo much!! (just a cheesy side note). He got an Aggie Bike, they let college students rent them for free, and he is like a kid with a new Christmas toy on that thing. I thought about forcing him to wear a helmet since he keeps trying to do tricks, not because of the tricks really...just cause I think it would be hilarious to see him wear a helmet while he tinkers around campus...but then I decided a helmet wasn't worth sleeping on the couch...

Spring time makes me think about my home back in good ole' Rupert, Idaho. There's something about spring time in the country that makes me smile. I hear the birds and smell grass being cut for the first time, and I think of home. I remember when I was a kid, at least more kiddish than I am now...bolting through the fields behind my house, feeling like I had a new life because I didn't have to wear a coat for once in such a long long time. Sometimes I miss those kid days.

I guess in a rambling scrambling way I am just trying to say...I love Spring. I hope it decides to take a seat and stay awhile. Do me a favor and pray for no more snow with me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Caitlyn, I'm with ya! Spring is probably the happiest time of year just because we say goodbye to our winter sorrows. Can't wait for spring to actually make its debut! -Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Jo Baby! P.S. how is life going for you?! And the infamous question you'll be asked for quite awhile....how's married life!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cait, I am so with you on this one! I think I get depressed towards the end of winter, and once spring hits, I just can't get that smile off my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahooo ya Erin! Because we're tennis girls! It's our season :)

    ReplyDelete